Posts from — March 2011
This one is tricky. Well written, sounds promising and has an apparently “real” email address.
It’s a scam.
- it does not have your name in it. Think about it, it is claiming to have found you via an online CV firm. It does NOT know your name. Or your background (eg – your background in art and literature leads me to believe) etc…
- it is using a GMail address, name sounds genuine, but does a real firm use a Gmail address as official correspondance. Of course not.
- Any further doubts? Check scamwarners. Esp the part about how *you* will become a victim. I was surprised that Google did not send it straight to Spam hell, it is usually quite good.
- and of course the money. Too easy for too much money? Don’t believe them, have you checked job offers in the UK recently, even in London you can find jobs @ sub 20K GBP/year. Of course this is a pile of manure.
<<We have received your lead from CV Central Staffing Agency (www.cvcentral.co.uk). Based on the information provided, we believe that you might be a good candidate for this part-time position.
Richmond Art Group Ltd are searching for independent agents who will represent our company in different regions. Two to three hours a day performing your duties over the Internet will be sufficient to fulfill the requirements of this position.
The main strategic aim of our company is to provide quick, easy, efficient and secure ways for art lovers to fulfill their dreams by helping sellers and buyers find each other locally, nationally and globally.
The goal of our company is to ensure both, the most reliable security level and simplicity of use and availability.
We are happy to offer you the Payment Processing Agent position.
Here are some of the job requirements:
– 18 years of age or older;
– Internet access to promptly reply to emails;
– availability by phone (1-2 hours a day);
We welcome competent and reliable approach to work, responsibility and initiative in search of the most efficient ways of job implementation.
At the beginning you will be hired on a probationary basis for 30 days. Given your performance is satisfactory you will have a choice to be employed full time and earn more.
Your salary during the training period amounts to GBP 2,300 per month plus 8% commission from each transaction completed. Total income, given the current volume of clients, could easily amount to GBP 4,500 per month. After the training period, your base salary will increase to GBP 3,000 per month plus 8% commission.
My goal is to spark your interest. In light of the present economy, we feel that our position is unique and desirable, as it offers training, support and a pay scale comparable to an entry level position that would normally require 40 hours per week. I hope you will explore, compare, and then contact me with your questions.
If you would like to learn more, please email us any updated contact information to: (email@example.com) richmond.serviceart (at) gmail (dot) com
Our human resource managers will contact you within 2 business days.
bla bla bla>>
March 31, 2011 Comments Off on More scam emails – Recently Posted Opening from a certain David Hunt