The Dean Website. AKA The Exploded Micro-Family
Random header image... Refresh for more!

As it is only possible to complain to Lufthansa by fax, here is a copy so it can be added to the growing voices of discontent

I will be sending a fax to Lufthansa here in China, presumably this will go the way of all other communications but as they provide no other option I will have to try this:
Lufthansa Customer Relation:  China
Name    Lufthansa German Airlines
Customer Service and Support Center
City    Shanghai
Zip Code    200021
Address PO    湖滨路222号, 卢湾区., 企业天地一号楼三搂, 14-21室.
Address    Department, SHA XR
Fax    + 86 21 6340 6698

Dear Sirs,

I wish to strongly complain about the attitude and service levels provided by Lufthansa and its flagship airport in Frankfurt. Like thousands of other passengers our luggage was stranded on the plane after we landed on the 19th of December 2010 as for reasons known only to LH the luggage was NOT/NOT taken off the airplane.
Information provided to us on the plane was not correct, information provided on the ground was not correct, staff was (apart from one really helpful woman at the baggage service desk who took the time to go with us to provide a replacement folding stroller) lazy or rude, or both.
We were told to contact LH in Shanghai to get compensation for items we had to purchase whilst our luggage was not delivered at our home.
Please investigate BRULH68005 – the missing item is a electric blue Quinny folding stroller that is most likely in Frankfurt.
Tag Number       LH549852
Tag Number       LH549853
Tag Number       LH549851
Despite three hours in Frankfurt on the way back your airport layout and inefficient (read lazy) staff meant that it was totally impossible to even find the Lufthansa Lost Baggage department. (finding the Frankfurt Aiport Lost Luggage department just earned us a “please fuck off and ask Lufthansa it is not our problem”, I add the please because they did not say “hau ab” but the meaning was the same: Es ist nicht unser Problem, bitte melden sie sich beim Lufthansa.)

Please find a thread started here: http://getsatisfaction.com/lufthansa/topics/luggage_lost_why_is_frankfurt_unable_to_have_luggage_delivered_when_onwards_flights_cancelled?utm_content=topic_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification
short url: http://bit.ly/gXfTiJ
This will give you all the background info you need.

I would appreciate a quick answer as I need the stroller for our baby and the replacement is for a six month baby not a four year old and you know the quality of the strollers you provide as replacements. Failing that I will have to purchase a new stroller and I will be billing you as per our rights.

Yours Faithfully,

Patrick Dean

Victor in the Quinny stroller

Victor in the Quinny stroller

2 comments

1 I WONT FLY LH { 01.25.11 at 8:24 pm }

Greetings,

I have been patiently waiting for compensation for my lost luggage back
on 10JAN11.  I was promised I would have it settled in nine days.  This
has not happened!  My HSBC account in the UK is included in the details.
 Please advise me when this matter is settled.

Regards,

from
to      lufthansa.dubai@dlh.de
date    10 January 2011 13:03
subject File Ref SPLLH49542
mailed-by
Signed by       messagingengine.com

hide details 10 Jan

Hello Abdul,

I can not describe how much trouble this lost luggage has caused me
along with huge financial difficulties.  At the absolute very least, I
need to be reimbursed for what I had to replace due to the loss of
luggage.  I will not settle for less than that!!!

To sum up what happened I showed up for 0700 on the 18th in FRA to go to
AMS.  After many delays and cancellations, at 2300 I had to hire a taxi
to drive me to the Amsterdam Airport.  This meter came to 760 Euros
after traveling in blinding snow at night.  This is after buying two
business class tickets on LH to go FRA-AMS”>FRA-AMS.  There are many
other miscellaneous expenses that I have not included yet such as
telephone charges directly related to this loss well in excess of 300
Euros.  My work really required me to be there to operate a flight to
Dubai.  The bag that was lost was checked into to AMS and Emirates was
not part of the booking.  The staff at Emirates helped me retrieve my
bag as a courtesy because of the difficulty of getting through to
Lufthansa agents.  I was ill advised by the LH call centre in Canada to
try to collect for my loss through Emirates.  To make matters worse,
after I returned to Dubai for a day shortly after the loss, I did not
again return until 07JAN11.  I travel extensively for a living and live
out of a suitcase.  I am required to wear a clean uniform to work
everyday and work in a close confined space.  I needed replacement
items.

Tomorrow is my last day in Dubai before I go off on another trip.  I
need replacement funds before I go.  I would like to come by today at
the end of the day to collect a check/cash.  Please advise.  I
appreciate you helping me with this claim, please feel free to contact
me at any time.

SEE ATTACHMENTS

Kind Regards,

Greetings,

I need someone to contact me now…

For the record I would also like to add a few more items to missing
contents list:

1.)  Fill Date:         03/02/2010      $10.00  $59.14  $69.14
Rx #:   6548141
Drug Name:      TRETINOIN
Quantity:       45
Days Supply:    30
Pharmacy:       PUBLIX PHARMACY #0010
Physician:      Alice R Barba

This is valued at $69.14 USD

2.)  Sun Pass Transponder for Florida toll roads.  This is valued at
$15.00

3.)  Custom vitamin cases (2) valued at $13.00.

The luggage has been missing for two weeks and even if recovered, most
of the contents will not be salvageable because it is packed with
produce that is now rotted by now.  I have been traveling extensively
ever since the loss of my baggage and had to borrow money for
replacement items that I have to pay back now.  I will also need a cash
advance to by additional items because my travel will go on for at least
ten more days.  My banking details have been supplied on the claims for
that I sent and I really need Lufthansa to send me an advance payment.
If I did not seriously need your help, I would not be writing you!

I need to know how much and exactly when I will get the funds from
Lufthansa to do this.  I need to know this now!  I am cash broke and my
salary is low!!!!  I also need to salvage what is left of my luggage if
found such as my spare wallet.  Apparently my luggage has been scanned
recently and is out for delivery somewhere.  Your Canadian call centre
claims that it can not pass on any tracking information whatsoever and
the “World Tracer Services” website does not provide any detail.

If the luggage is found, I need someone to call me.

I need someone to open the bag and clean out the rotting(ed)
perishables.

I need immediate compensation for replacement items and other losses due
to this.

Someone needs to contact me and make arrangements to deliver what is
left of my luggage.

Attached is a copy of your world tracer report.  After two weeks of no
activity until now, it still remains insultingly vague!

Again, please have someone contact me ASAP and thanks again for your
hard work.

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 06:56 +0100, linda.nanoo@dlh.de wrote:
> Dear Sir,
> Attached herewith is the contents list form to be duly filled/signed and
> returned to LH
> for further tracing.
> Thanking you
> Linda
> Linda Nanoo
> Lufthansa German Airlines
> AUH GR/GT
> Al Suwaidi Building
> (Near Lifeline Hospital)
> Mezzanine Office No. 01
> Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:24 PM
> To
> Cc: NANOO, LINDA
> Subject: FW: Claim #: SPLLH49542 Tag #: 576962
> Dear Mr.,
> My Colleague, Mrs.Linda Nanoo will forward (If Not already done) the
> Form wherein you have to provide the details regarding the contents
> inside The missing bag.
> —
> Attn: Linda
> —
> Kindly do the needful urgently – if not already done.
> —
> From: VASAPPA, HALEPET
> Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:35 AM
> To: NANOO, LINDA
> Cc: MAJEED, ABDUL;
> Subject: FW: Claim #: SPLLH49542 Tag #: 576962
> Dear Linda,
> Can You kindly forward the copy of the Content List form to Mr.  please – urgently.
> With Kind Regards,
> —–Original Message—–
> From:
> Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:14 AM
> To: GP, DXB RESERVATIONS
> Subject: Claim #: SPLLH49542 Tag #: 576962
> Greetings,
> I am expecting the delivery of this bag soon.  Please release it to
> Julieta at +971 and coordinate it either being collected or
> delivered to residence in Al Qusais.
> Please respond by sending a claim form that will start the compensation
> process for replacement items necessary due to the luggage being
> delayed.

— On Tue, 25/1/11, abdul.majeed@dlh.de wrote:

From: abdul.majeed@dlh.de
Subject: FB 21176244
To:
Date: Tuesday, 25 January, 2011, 9:50
Dear Mr.,

Thank you very much for your email dated 10th January, 2011.  We were sorry to hear about your unpleasant experiences on your last trip to Amsterdam .  You can be sure that we would have wished your travel experience with us to be totally positive. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you incurred as well as for the less than positive impression gained.

Rest assured this experience is not typical of the quality service we are known to provide.  This winter, snowfalls besieged and created mayhem all over Europe which resulted in closure of several airports and cancellation of thousands of flights.  The chaotic situations at the airports were out of control of the airport authorities responsible for flight handling.  While we realize the difficulty and disappointment our passengers experience in the event of an irregularity, “we regret this was a situation entirely beyond the carrier’s control or influence.”

We regret that your luggage was mislaid on this trip.  Luggage is normally processed with care and accuracy and the vast majority is handled without incident.  The present weather condition and its repercussions are mainly responsible for the baggage irregularities these days.   As baggage is channeled through various points which include government and security checkpoints, it is impossible for any airlines to guarantee special handling throughout the journey.

We offer to share your unexpected expenses for interim purchase due to this unfortunate baggage irregularity within the scope of our legal liability.  Purchase of articles for personal use while the bag was not in the custody of passenger is considered as interim purchases.  Our refund policy is 50% of the amount you spent for clothes as you can continue to use them and 100% for toiletries. You are kindly requested to forward the original receipts of your interim purchases along with the Itemized list of your interim purchase and the Property Irregularity Number at your earliest convenience.

We realize that this exceptional situation has been difficult. Your continued patronage is important to us, and we are confident that your future dealings with Lufthansa will prove satisfactory.

Yours Sincerely

P.O. Box 9543
Dubai, UAE

To:
abdul.majeed@dlh.de
Bcc:

Greetings Abdul,

In previous correspondence I had forwarded the receipts and all other details.  I am very aware of the policy described below, also very familiar with airline operations and despite winter situation described, it is clear that your airline’s winter contingency operations are lacking the “Quality Service” that your company tries to portray.

I am losing my patience and not asking too much by requesting full reimbursement for my expenses considering the massive setback this has caused me for example:

1. Sixteen hour wait at FRA.
2. A all night taxi cab ride to Schipol Airport that cost well over 700 euros.
3. The time spent to file countless claims with LH, corresponding back and forth via email and long distant phone calls, purchasing lost items, scanning the receipts, making a trip to the Dubai Airport on my day off.  Missing a night of sleep and etc, etc.
4. Some of the items are no longer usable due to the perishables rotting in the suitcase and damaging other items.

I travel extensively for a living and please try to imagine what it would like to be me.  I am very disappointed that you are asking me to resend the files I had already sent you.  This seems like an attempt to delay paying me what little that is owed and is taking much time away from my family.  My company is a frequent user of LH and I will petition them to find alternate options if more petty delays are created in reimbursing me for what little I am requesting.  You say your apologies are sincere but by ignoring the contents of my email dated 10JAN11, your actions clearly contradict any sincerity.

If your company was at all sincere, reimbursement for the taxi ride and complimentary future travel would be offered.  My company had purchased Business Class travel for me and LH definitely has not lived up to the product that it is selling.

Please let me know ASAP when I can expect the funds to be transferred and respond to this email.

Most Sincerely,

2 patrick { 05.26.11 at 12:25 am }

I Won’t Fly LH, I really hope that your nightmare has been resolved and that you can be slightly happier gain about the Lufthansa experience.

So, now over 5 months later, and the thing has finally come to an end. They paid the bills. After some extremely long delays (at MY end I must point out) getting the bills sorted and sending them.
Ma Li and Regina Qiu at Lufthansa in China (Shanghai) tracked down (in Februray) the person (me) who wrote these complaints on the Internet and wrote some very reasonable assurances that this was not the way that Lufthansa should be dealing with their clients.
Assuredly not, but they earn big kudos for their efforts AND especially their communication. Polite, friendly and efficient. I wish that could have been the case in Frankfurt!
Lufthansa, if you read this, these people show the attitude you need to have towards your clients.
I hope to fly again in better conditions and with all my luggage, but look forward to my next flight as it looks like you have made a real effort here in China to deal with the issues that arose over the Xmas/NY period. I hope that for all the others here who have had problems with Lufthansa that these have been handled with equal professionalism and attentiveness.
Lufthansa China/Shanghai has earned some serious respect from me with their handling, courteous manners and responsiveness over the problems my family experienced. Xiexie nimen!